Entries for the inaugural Break O’Day Community Triathlon at St.Helens on Sunday 4th March 2018 are now open. To enter, visit:
The triathlon will be held on Sunday morning March 4th 2018 at St.Helens.
The transition area will be on the main wharf/foreshore area in front of the Council Chambers.
See our Facebook page for more info and the LTC webiste for the Race Guide.
Event details and schedule
Download the Race Guide here.
- Transition and registration will open at 0730 and will close at 0830
- COMPULSORY Race Briefing will be held at 0845
- Junior Enticer race will start at 0900
- Adult Enticer race will start at 0930
- Sprint race will start at 1000
The swim will take place in Georges Bay-commenci ng and concluding within 50 m. of the transition area.
The bike leg will occur on a fully closed road travelling along Binalong Bay Road.
The run will be conducted on the Main Road with the Southern lane of traffic closed and on the Georges Bay walking track.
We envisage the event will conclude at 12.30 pm. with presentations shortly after.
Intended highlights include:
- Elite athletes visiting and the publicity and business stimulation created
- Extensive local participation, especially in teams and Enticer events
- Large spectator numbers
- Approximately $7,000.00 in total for prize money and spot prizes
Improvement in health and well being and general mental health in Break O’Day. Given we have suffered from a cluster of suicides this new event presents an opportunity for increased focus, networking and celebration.
Join In And Help Create History!