Club Championship Criteria
LTC Club Championship 20/21 and Race Day Prizes
LTC would like athletes to consider a “whole of season” approach, and the focus will be on Club Championship points.
Race Day Prizes and Awards
- Race day placegetters will be acknowledged – LTC will not be issuing medals or prizes for race day winners.
- On race day, adult athletes will be categorised into age groups. These age groups will be Senior (20-39), Veteran (40-49), Super Veteran (50+). These placings will be acknowledged on race day.
- All athletes and volunteers will be entered into spot-prize draws, and placegetters will be given additional entries, proportional to their placing. For example, all athletes will be entered once. A first-place getter will gain an additional 5 entries; the second place getter will gain an additional 4 and so on.
- At the discretion of the Race Director, additional entries into the spot prize draw may be allocated for exceptional performance, volunteer or TO effort or for any other reason.
Club Championship – General Rules (all Categories)
- LTC will be running 5 races in the 20/21 season (Symmons Plains, Beauty Point, Bridport, St Helens, George Town).
- To be eligible for Club Championship points, athletes must volunteer (including TO) at one race or provide a proxy.
- LTC Committee members are considered to have volunteered by virtue of being on the Committee.
- LTC will be providing a substantial Championship prize, to be awarded at the culmination of the season.
- Male and Female Adult Champions will receive a cash prize of $500, a medal and a perpetual trophy. Runners-up will receive a cash prize of $250 and a medal.
- Male and Female Youth Champions will receive a cash prize of $250, a medal and a perpetual trophy. Runners-up will receive a cash prize of $125 and a medal.
- In both Youth and Adult categories, an athletes top 3 performances over the season will be counted.
- In the event of a points tie (after the 3 best races are considered), the 4th race will be used as a tie-breaker. If there is still a tie, the LTC Committee will select a winner, and will give reasons for their decision.
Youth Club Champion (12-15)
- In order to support Triathlon Australia vision and direction for Youth athletes to compete in enticer (super-sprint) distances, the Youth Club Championship distance will be restricted to Youth athletes only.
- Points will be allocated on a 5/3/1 basis and there will be a female and a male category.
Adult Club Champion (16+)
- Results from Sprint distance races will be counted towards Club Championship (Adult).
- Points will be allocated on a 5/4/3/2/1 basis and there will be a female and a male category.
- Points will be allocated on a “first past the post basis”, regardless of race day age category.
BRIDPORT OLYMPIC DISTANCE: To support safe racing, Adults between the ages of 16-19 will be allocated points in the Sprint distance race and adults 20+ will only be allocated points if they race in the Olympic distance event. If an adult 20+ chooses to race in the Sprint distance event, they will be ineligible for points.